What you should know about the hook and loop industry?
Hook and loop or also known as "zipperless zipper", is now available on many items around us, from shoe straps to laptop baskets, sphygmomanometers or even objects used on aircraft. This buckle consists of two ribbons, one with thousands of tiny hooks, the other with thousands of equally small circles.
Hook and loop or also known as "zipperless zipper", is now available on many items around us, from shoe straps to laptop baskets, sphygmomanometers or even objects used on aircraft. This buckle consists of two ribbons, one with thousands of tiny hooks, the other with thousands of equally small circles. When the two bands are joined, the hook attaches to the loop to create a very strong hold mechanism but is still easy to remove when needed. Certainly, this product is considered a great invention, is the solution to the tightening system. To learn about the application of loop hooks in the industry, follow this article.
What is hook & loop fastener?
Hook and loop meaning about a material that has the ability to stick and fasten or more simply. The hook and loop are usually made of nylon or polyester, with one side is a rough face filled with small, hard hooks and the other side is softer, made up of small circles that repeat like ruffled clusters. When the two parts are pressed together, the hooks attach to the rings and the two pieces are fastened or temporarily connected. When separated, by pulling or separating the two surfaces, the bands produce a special "splitting" sound.
Application and its benefits of hook and loop fasteners
Currently, the most common sticky tape is made from nylon, but the polyester version is a perfect choice. Polyester offers better UV protection than nylon, so it is generally more durable when used in outdoor or marine products. Moreover, it also sticks tighter when underwater. However, most of the rough side of loop hooks are made of nylon and polyester is often used as the base of the rough side.
Hook and loop are one of the great products of the auxiliary industry, typically:
- In the production of medical equipment: to make bandages and bands to fix bones…
- In the manufacture of apparel, such as stickers contained…
- In sports and sneakers, bags and briefcases, clothing...
We often see them replacing buttons or zippers in clothes or shoelaces, and in handmade toys for children, etc. Even NASA uses this hemp tape for its products from the suit of astronauts, until the anchoring device. In almost weightless space conditions, hook and loop are used to temporarily hold objects and keep them from drifting away. Obviously, hook and loop are applied everywhere, seemingly normal but extremely important and useful.
How to choose the right loop hooks for your purpose?
Hook and loop fasteners are divided into many types with many different applications. Below are some criteria to help you choose the right type that meets your purpose:
- Sticking and fastening strength: This is a combination of several different factors that show how hook and loop respond to certain types of impact of the environment. These include cutting, peeling, and stretching, and each action refers to a different type of force that can be applied to hook and loop.
- Cycle life: This refers to the number of times the hook and loop can be opened and closed without being worn or damaged. For example, pegs for clothes are high-cycle because they have to be reused many times.
- Type of adhesive: Hook and loop have an available adhesive type. Adhesives must ensure that each type is suitable for different applications.
- Material type: Choose the hook screws and loops to suit the needs because they have many different types. Classical hooks and loops are still popular and effective, while innovations like elastic hook and loop have improved the disadvantages of conventional types.
Determine which hook and loop fastener is suitable for your business aim before mass production is very important. One of the best ways to solve this problem is by asking for samples from the hook and loop supplier. Do not forget to check the tape in real conditions, to ensure that the adhesive can be maintained throughout the product life cycle.
In case the business needs detailed information about duct tape or learn about the process for important projects and works, please contact Baihe Holding - The manufacturing base of adhesive tape in Vietnam at + 84 2763 881 880.